2017 Event listings
We do our best to include all Island Events and update our page as soon as we get the information
If you have an event we have missed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add it right away!
Summer Farmer’s Markets!
- Queen Charlotte: Saturdays, 11am at the Ball Field (year round)
- Sandspit: Sundays, 11am, ALM school Gazebo (seasonal)
- Tlell: Sundays, 11am, at the storage facility on the driveway to the soccer field, just south of the fire hall. Look for the carrot sign on the highway! (seasonal)
- Masset: Fridays, 3pm, on Main St. by the Village office (seasonal)
The Queen Charlotte Visitor Centre is open all year round
Summer hours : Monday to Saturday 9 AM to 8 PM Sundays 12 PM to 8 PM
Winters open Monday, Thursday & Fridays 11 to 3 Saturdays 12 to 4
Stop in for updated information on Museum Hours, Exhibits, HG Arts Council events, coffee houses and other local activities that may be taking place while you are here. In the winter months there is still lots to do on Haida Gwaii, walk the beaches take in an art exhibit, Yoga classes and workshops….. However, excursions to the old Haida village sites in Gwaii Haanas are only available in the months from May to Early September.
Every Community on Haida Gwaii host events or celebration throughout the summer months. Plan your visit around the locals!
March 2017 All Island Art Show
Opens March 10 2017 This remarkable show features individual art works produced each year by islanders. Often up to 8o original pieces are on display and many are for sale. You don’t want to miss this exhibit.
June 2017 Events
Queen Charlotte Hospital Day – 3rd Saturday in June every Year The islands longest running fundraiser for the hospital, some 107 years this year, a parade, pancake breakfast, loonie/twoonie and live auctions, music, children’s activities an all day event and a dance to top it all off!
July 2017 Events
Port Clements Canada Day celebrations June 30 July 1 & 2 2017- Baseball, Mud Bogs and more in Port Clements all weekend long this is where the action is on Haida Gwaii.
Skidegate Days – July 21 to 23 features the world famous Totem to Totem marathon, fish splitting contests, Haida dancing, salmon BBQ and plenty to see and so in Skidegate.
Sandspit Loggers Sports July 22, 2017 The community of Sandpsit goes all out with this traditional loggers sports day, complete with axe throwing, log burling competition, plenty of fun for the whole family.
Tlell Fall Fair BC’s earliest fall fair Sunday August 6 at the Tlell Fair Grounds
Kay Days – celebrate the Haida Heritage Centre anniversary with a day full of activities including the famous and much celebrated Dance Competition August 19th, 2017
Masset Harbour Day – August 12, 2017 – details for this year event to come
- Annual Artisan Christmas Sale – here at the Visitor Centre held on the last Saturday in November every year. for 2017 November 25 – Save the Date!
- Annual Christmas Fair – QC Community Hall an amazing selection of home made, home crafted, home baked fare for all on your gift list
- Surfing Expression Session – Tow Hill annual surf event on Haida Gwaii.