Do come by and enjoy our beautiful grounds.
We are open again!
Our hours for June, July and August:
Mon – Tues 09:00 – 4:00 PM
Thursday 2:00 – 7:00 PM
Fri – Sat 9:00 – 4:00 PM
Sunday 10:00 – 3:00 PM
Email us: email@example.com
Leave a voicemail: 250-559-8316
* We are OPEN on Statutory Holidays!
A gem in the Destination BC Visitor Services Network Program, the Daajing Giids Visitor Centre is located adjacent to Spirit Square, in the heart of the Village of Daajing Giids (briefly known as Queen Charlotte).
We are thrilled to be open 6 days a week this summer. Drop by when we are open, leave us a voicemail when we are closed, or email us at your convenience.
It’s great to be back with you! Whether you are imagining, experiencing, or remembering your incredible journey to Haida Gwaii, our staff are on a mission to serve your information needs.
Five Essential Haida Phrases
On Haida Gwaii there are two distinct dialects of Haida, the Northern, or Masset (xaad kil) and the Southern, or Skidegate (HlGaagilda Xaayda Kil). A great deal of work towards preserving the Haida language has been accomplished by the Skidegate Haida Immersion Program, (SHIP) to whom we are grateful for sharing these words with the Indigenous languages resource FirstVoices. For more check out the free downloadable app here.
More Haida Language Resources
- Xaad Kil (General language information from sources in Hydaburg, Alaska)
- Haida Language Learners (Facebook Group)
- Langscape Magazine (Excellent online article)
- HlGaagilda Xaayda Kil K‘aalang / SHIP Xaayda Kil Glossary. Elders of Skidegate and the Skidegate Haida Immersion Program, 2016. ISBN 978-0-9940525-6-8